AML/CTF Training and Risk Awareness Online Workshop
- Your obligations under the AML/CTF Laws
- Understanding consequences of non-compliance
- Relevant ML/TF risks and their consequences
- How your AML/CTF program is relevant to you
Tue 14 Nov 2023
2:00 PM - 5:00 PM (AEDT)
Our 3-hour online interactive workshop helps you meet your annual AML/CTF training requirements. The workshop will:
- give you the knowledge and skills to identify the risks of regulated businesses being unwittingly involved in money laundering and terrorism financing; and
- help you maintain your AML/CTF program in line with the requirements in the AML/CTF legislation (AML/CTF Laws), which include the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act 2006 (Cth) and the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Rules Instrument 2001 (No.1) (AML/CTF Rules).
We include real life examples of money laundering and terrorism financing, AUSTRAC typologies and regulatory actions. It’s a practical workshop to help you test and improve your risk-based systems.
The course is mapped against the requirements of Part 8.2.3 (for entities other than designated business groups) and Part 9.2.3 (for designated business groups) of the AML/CTF Rules, which states that the AML/CTF training program must be designed to enable employees to understand:
- the obligations of the reporting entity under the AML/CTF Act and Rules;
- the consequences of non‑compliance with the AML/CTF Act and Rules;
- the type of ML/TF risk that the reporting entity might face and the potential consequences of such risk; and
- those processes and procedures provided for by the reporting entity’s AML/CTF program that are relevant to the work carried out by the employee.
For those who have attended previously, this course will be a refresher, and includes new content, as well as focus on any changes to the AML/CTF laws. The training will include phone-based quizzes and other interactive tools to make it engaging for you.
This course is for AML/CTF compliance officers and other risk and compliance staff, who are involved in implementing the policies and procedures in your AML/CTF Program.